Monday, March 8, 2010

it's been a loooong time...

since I've posted on here. A few highlights...

1. I passed English 103 last Fall semester with a B!! Ms. Matthews passed me with a B!! I busted my ass last semester and I had a quality teacher. I wrote my final research paper on the global perspective of same sex marriage. I knocked out the F from Spring 2009, and replaced it with a better grade.

2. I celebrated my 4 year dating anniversary with m.v.f in January! We didn't go out of town, or do anything crazy extravagant. We both received an amazing couple's massage in Silver Lake, and ate a delicious meal at Engine Co 28 restaurant in Downtown LA. I love my boyfriend so damn much!! Blackxian love in the house!!

3. I attended two AMAZING shows last month. I saw St. Vincent at the El Rey, and I saw Mariah Carey at the Gibson Amphitheater. I cried at both shows, especially when St Vincent decided to cover "These Days" by Nico. *tear* St. Vincent was fierce on stage, holding onto her guitar, and singing lovely. She sang most of Actor, and a few covers, and songs from her first album. Mariah was FABULOUS!!! She was everything I thought she would be. She's looks great, and her voice was on it! I bought an Mariah key chain...because I had to. Seriously. ;-)

4. I quit my Intermediate Algebra class for LACC Spring semester. I was in this class for almost one month, and I started feeling horribly overwhelmed. My work gets hectic this time of year, and I didn't want to fail another class because of it. I loved my teacher too, and discussed with him why I was quitting. He understood. He wished me luck in life, and he hopes to see me again another time.

I think having spring off is going to help me out immensely. I realized last month that I wasn't happy. I was in school, but I was getting stress headaches because of it. Honestly I've been depressed since November 2009. I haven't felt like myself, and I want to start focusing on me again. I want to go back to the gym, I want to start writing again. I want to call my friends, and have the time to call/see them. I want to socialize, and attend different events in my neighborhood. I want to stop being an asshole to my boyfriend. Seriously....I've been in a funk.

But, I will be posting more topical entries shortly. Such as my Alice In Wonderland review. Oh who am I kidding, it was aiiiight. It had amazing visual effects, but the storyline sucked ass. Is it wrong to be crushed out on Alice?

Ok....more later. :-)

r.r.r.

No comments: