Monday, November 17, 2008

MTA and the LA Sherrifs

I LOVE Streetblog LA and their awesome posting about anything about LA's public transportation. I found this blog today and I found it rather interesting.

http://la.streetsblog.org/2008/11/14/metro-considering-temporary-renewal-of-sheriffs-contract/


First of all, I was shocked when I moved back to LA in August 2005 and witness the unnecessary sheriffs presence in the MTA red and especially blue lines. I've been riding both since I've been back and I can tell you that their presence is not welcomed or appreciated! I've seen the sheriffs being very condescending and fucked up to many folks. They even have fucking patrol dogs with them. Is that shit really necessary..I mean REALLY? I have also noticed that the sheriffs are ONLY located at where all black/latino are the majority. They aren't located anywhere on the Gold/Green line or any stops passed Hollywood/Vine of the red line.

For MTA to hire the LACS to ask people for their fare tickets and MTA not taking blame for their faulty admission to the Red/Blue/Green/Gold lines is fucking ridiculous. The LA County Sheriffs have already made themselves look bad recently arresting an innocent photographer at Pershing Square last week.

http://la.streetsblog.org/2008/11/10/bus-bench-blogger-arrested-for-taking-pictures-at-pershing-square/


I am starting to think that LA sheriffs are even more racist than the LAPD...and that's really saying a lot. When will MTA finally get their act together and do something productive about this. Doesn't it cost MTA more money to renew this sheriffs contract than to try another method?

I only hope folks show up to the mtg next week and speak their mind about the racism/classicism that the LA Sheriffs implement onto folks who are really just trying to get to work. Not every black/latino person getting on from the Compton Blue Line Station is trying to skip their fare! So get your fucking patrol dog off me already! Ugh.

r.r.r.

No comments: