Tuesday, February 10, 2009

i can't do it captain

the LACC spring semester started yesterday and i was pretty stoked. unfortunately when i left my elementary algebra class, i wanted to cry because she gave us A LOT of homework. like a good hour, hour and a half of it. i got home and i started doing the problems, then i realized it was already going on 11:00 pm. i haven't showered, got out of my clothes and i started crying.

granted this was only the first day of the semester. but something in my gut was telling me this week was going to drag like no other. i like going to school. i like learning new things and i like to push myself hard, especially on math and english. but taking political science on thursday, which shouldn't be too bad, feels like a total drag. if i would continue with taking political science on thursday evening, basically i don't have any time to do anything else. i already didn't have any time last month to buy groceries since i was in class 4 times a week. i feel that taking a thursday evening class will not make me like school. i already work 40 hrs a week at my job and that does take up my time because i got to pay the bills. i want to keep liking that i am in school and i don't want to feel trapped.

when i was thinking about all of this last night, i felt like i had a flash of what my year was going to look like and it made me sad. i don't want to feel sad about school. school is suppose to be a uplifting and an awesome experience, not something that you're forcing yourself into because you have to. some of my close friends were a little concerned that i might be taking on too much. at the time, i really thought i was able to take it on. now i know better. :) i am always going to keep trying to get closer and closer to getting my A.A degree in Liberal Arts. i know many people in my life that are still trying to attend college, while balance their own life with their families, etc.

instead of beating myself up over this, i am just going to keep my sanity and drop the thursday evening class. it will give me time to excell in elementary algebra and my english 103 class. i rather receive two A's than receive so so grades from 3 classes.

No comments: