Friday, February 27, 2009

processing

i would of never thought it
everyone knew but me
my fam warned me
all my friends weren't that surprised
you really had me there
and i was the fool who played along

now when i walk the mission
it's hard not to get sentimental
riding BART to San Leandro
makes my stomach hurt
i want zachery's pizza to move to silver lake

when i put my shoes in the bin
before taking a flight from LA
going through the metal protector
while i gather my purse, i think of you
and wonder if you arrested anyone today

riding the metro bus
and i'm watching an old lady
use her purse to hide her 40 oz
she keeps talking to herself
and reminds the bus driver that he's on vacation
it's only 8:14 a.m

did you know that i was still crying over you
a year after my life changed
the early stages of anew
brought back some of the crap from the past

No comments: