Saturday, October 31, 2009

wow LACC

i didn't think you were capable of hiring an awesome english 103 instructor. i thought i would never see a WOC in this position. i say this because i did my researcher before i registered for my class months ago. i read reviews on ratemyproessfor.com and i settled for Macek, only because he had the the highest score...3 out of 5 starts. basically LACC, all of your english 103 teachers suck....except for ms. monqiue matthews. :-D

my schedule said MACEK but ms. matthews walked into the class on tuesday evening. she took roll and gave us an essay question. she teaches mostly at Santa Moncia College on the west side of los angeles, perhaps i'll attend a class there once i get a car. because this lady completely kicks ASS!! she's calm and LISTENS to her students needs. she knows it's NOT ABOUT HER EGO! it's like the universe heard all of my frustration of last semester and it granted me with this awesome teacher. we're reading essays by PEOPLE OF COLOR!!! my semesters of reading faulkner and UK britian are OVER!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

didn't my past english teachers at LACC considered the fact that most of their students are not white and don't want to read about dead white people? i read about white people throughout all of my time in high school, i would think college would be a bit more progressive in their reading material? especially in an english 103 critical thinking class? blug. but i'm fortunate to have ms. matthews as my instructor this semester. it's only an 8 wk course and her syllabus wasn't crazy complicated. we saw the documentary 42 UP on thursday and that's our next essay that's due in two weeks. that alone makes her WAAAAY better than corbett from last semester. i'm looking forward to improving my writing skills and take it to the next level. yay.

No comments: