Saturday, November 14, 2009

the harsest thing i ever had to write...

Hey there,

Your last email left me speechless. I feel you're out of touch with yourself, and your own feelings. I take full accountability with my defensiveness via Twitter.. Our conversation went BEYOND Fergie's biphobia. Biphobia was my OG point, but I couldn't say that because I was too frustrated. Here are the 3 things that bothered me about your tweets/emails...

#1 - you made my OWN experience of coming out yours, only for YOUR benefit. I'm not shamed on how I came out. I think you do though, since I confided in YOU. Do you think your the ONLY person that knows about my queer/bi identity at that age? Don't flatter yourself. Coming out is ONE of the numerous layers of TBQLG community. My quality friends, and my boo know this. Unfortunately I thought you were quality, and learned the hard way, you're not. Your tweet is proof of that. I would NEVER use your personal drama, to prove that I am right.

#2 - I stooped to your immature level. I kept reacting, just like YOU. I made this realization when I woke up on Thursday morning....BUT....unfortunately, you insisted your point wasn't clear enough. Your EMAIL was filled with consistent attacks, couched with touchy-feely language. Your angry tone was particularly toxic, because it invalidates anyone else existence, but YOUR OWN. You didn't even give me a chance to apologize, you consistently repeated, and pushed your points onto me, without acknowledging your abusive tone. That's fucked up.

#3 - You have absolutely NO IDEA how to be an ally about a social cause that doesn't personally affect you. You make suggestions to me ALL OF THE TIME on where I can read about Burma. I listen and I obey, because that's what a true ally does for any social cause they can't relate to. Unfortunately, you can't do this. Remember: this started because YOU didn't like the invite of a FB group I joined. I'm not trying to minimizing your reasoning, but YOU didn't think that particular group chose the "right" words to get their msg across. Not cool. I would never have the balls to speak about how you should change the title of BGAN or any FB group you join, because I respect you. Unfortunately, you don't respect me at all. (strike #3)

We can't be friends until you figure out how to be accountable for your actions, and work on your baggage. I am also don't want to speak to either. You hurt me BAD dude. Because this all started with FB, Twitter, and email, I decided to reply. Take care.


Sincerely,


rachel r, rodriguez


p.s: You might this i am being dramatic, but usually people who are abusive, use that reason to justify their actions.

No comments: