Thursday, December 31, 2009

My top albums for 2009 - part 2



Alicia Keys has blown me away with her new album. The Element Of Freedom is DOPE. She's singing her truth in this! She's hot, her voice is amazing. I got this about two week ago, and I can't stop listening to it. "All at once, I had it all, but it doesn't mean anything, now that you're gone" OMG....she's the best! Get this album already!



I knew of Neko Case, but I never owned any of her albums. Fortunately, Middle Cyclone stole my heart. This was one album I played non stop throughout the summer. The intro of This Tornado Loves You is astounding. Her voice is strong and soothing. Just look at her album cover! Neko is ready to fuck shit up! ;)



Mos Def is back y'all!! The Ecstatic is off the chain! I feel like he went back to his OG beat and rhythm. I wasn't a big fan of The New Danger (2004) and True Magic (2006). Perhaps he had to make those tho, to produce the greatness of this one! Boogie man is back in full effect!! Holler.



Monsters Of Folk is a super group including Bright Eyes, M. Ward, Jim James from My Morning Jacket. I fucking LOVE this album and secretly want to have sex with all of them. Listening to Dear God (sincerely M.O.F) for the first time brought tears to my eyes. All musicians collaborate well together. I love this band!

Side Note: While looking for the image of this album, I read the Wikipedia description. USA Today called the album a "harmonious and occasionally electrified blend of folk-rock, country and white soul" White soul?!? really? But, then again, USA Today is stupid anyway. But still...WTF?


One more post to go....woot woot.

r.r.r.

No comments: