Thursday, December 31, 2009

My top albums of 2009 - part 3



Moby really won me over with Wait For Me. I am not that much into ambient music, that's more of my boo's cup of tea. But I was surprised how much I enjoyed this. This got me through many nights, riding the bus home from LACC, metrolink, etc. Mistake, Division, and Walk With Me are a few of my favs.



I have no idea why various magazines gave this album a mediocre review. I fell for Hazards Of Love like the hipster I am. I also saw them live for this tour, and perhaps my opinion is bias. They performed the WHOLE album!! Immediately I fell for their single, The Rake's Wife. "Until her womb start spilling out babies. Only then did I reckon my curse.." Yes! The Wanting Comes In Waves is also the jam! I LOVE the way this group harmonizes together.



2009 is the year I realized The Flaming Lips are one of my favorite bands of all time. Embryonic is their twelfth album, and I dig it the most. I felt like they went back to their roots of experimenting with sounds, like their earlier albums. Convinced Of The Hex and Evil are a few of my favs. Eat a pot cookie, get wasted, (insert own vice here) and listen to this album. But I also would recommended it for sober folks as well. :)



"The album is named 'Know Better Learn Faster' because you can't," explains Thao. "By the time you realize you should, it's too late. And I enjoy the predicament and the totally devastating, unfunny humor of that." (buyolmpyia.com)

This album is my (wait for it) FAVORITE ALBUM OF 2009!!! This is the second album for Thao And The Get Down Stay Down. She wrote this when she was breaking up with her ex-boyfriend. The first track, The Clap, states it best."If this is how you want it, ok, OK" They stay true to their style, but they also try out different sounds and it works to their benefit. I fucking LOVE Thao Ngygen!!! I heart Thao And The Get Down Stay Down. The end.


That's it 2009. I can't write anymore. But I have listed below other 2009 albums that I had to mention. I chose not to write about because EVERYONE in the music blog scene already did. I only wanted to write about what I liked and not what Rolling Stone loved.

veckatimest - grizzly bear
merriweather post pavilion - animal collective
it's blitz - the yeah yeah yeah's
dark was the night


r.r.r.

No comments: