Monday, December 21, 2009

RIP Brittany Murphy




WTF?!? Brittany Murphy went into cardiac arrest and DIED last Sunday morning?!? Why 2009 why?!?!

Some might think I am overreacting. "She's only a movie star, genocide is happening throughout the world, and all you care about is Brittany Murphy dying?!?" Blah, blah, blah. Hold the phone. I care about genocide too foo....but I also got to give a moment to talk about an actor that impacted my life. You may think I'm being dramatic, and you're entitled to your own opinion. Honestly....Britney Murphy is DEAD people!!

I remember when I first saw her in Clueless. I fell in love with her awkward style, and how she was a complete spaz throughout the film. She was hysterical as Ty!! I wanted to be like her, and find my gnarly white skater guy. She MADE Clueless, ok!! Let's be real. Alicia was GREAT, but you can't deny the fact, you were singing "rolling with the homies" when you left the theater. I rest my case....

After I saw Clueless, I wanted to see more Brittany Murphy. Years pass, and a friend recommended Freeway. Her tiny role as the crazy girl in prison was great. She also stole my heart in Girl Interrupted, King Of The Hill, and Sin City. I know she was in 8 Mile, but I didn't see that because I hate Eminem. But, I will give it another chance. She was in Spun, Just Married, Uptown Girls, etc. Her bio is here. She also did a bunch of cool late 90's/early 00's gay flicks too!

Now everyone is up in her business. Paparazzi talking about her weight issues throughout her career, her past with drugs, etc. I'm not denying any of these things...it's odd to hear about a 32 year old dying from cardiac arrest. 32, really? But, let's take a moment folks...

We lost an awesome actor yesterday morning. We lost Ty. We're still rollin' with ya Ms. Brittany Murphy. You will be missed. :*(

No comments: